ESXLab is pleased to offer our VMware vSphere 5.5 with ESXi and vCenter training specifically tailored for people who need practical, effective and low cost VMware training. Our goal is to make you the best VMware vSphere 5.5 administrator possible.
If you are looking for lots of detail about our course and what is included in our course books, please check out this link to the full course outline.
Enhance your learning experience with ready to use *vSphere 5.5 Remote Access Labs*. Click *here* for details.
Video on DemandWe also offer lifetime access to 36hrs of *vSphere 6.0 Video-on-Demand* training. Click *here*for details.
Our vSphere 5.5 Study Guide includes the following 20 chapters:
- Virtualization Infrastructure Overview
- How to Install, Configure ESXi 5.5 Installable(HoL1)
- Virtual and Physical Networking(HoL)
- Connect to and Use NAS Shared Storage(HoL)
- Virtual Hardware and Virtual Machines(HoL)
- Install and Deploy the vCenter Server Appliance(HoL)
- VM Rapid Deployment using Templates, Clones(HoL)
- ESXi and vCenter Permission Model(HoL)
- Using Fibre and iSCSI Shared Storage(HoL)
- VMFS – The VMware Cluster File System(HoL)
- ESX and vCenter Alarms(HoL)
- Resource Management and Resource Pools(HoL)
- P2V migration with VMware Converter(HoL)
- VM Hot and Cold Migration, Storage VMotion(HoL)
- Load Balancing w. Distributed Resource Scheduler(HoL)
- Failure Recovery with High Availability Clusters(HoL)
- Maintain ESXi Host configuration with Host Profiles(HoL)
- Hot VM Protection with vSphere Replication (HoL)
- Patch Management with VMware Update Manager(HoL)
- Managing Scalability and Performance(HoL)
- Final Thoughts
1 HoL – Detailed Hands on Labs instructions provided for this chapter in our Lab Guide.
Hands On Labs
Our Lab Guide contains detailed instructions that detail how to complete the following hands on lab tasks:
- Install of ESXi 6.5 Update 1a and perform post-install configurations
- Create, update Network Standard vSwitches. Use NIC Teams for performance and redundance
- Define, connect to and browse NFS file shares
- Create a Virtual Machine and install a guest OS into the VM. Install VMware Tools into the VM. Add 3rd party tools and utilities to the VM
- Manually Import a VM
- Installing and Configuring the Platform Service Controller
- Install and configure the vCenter Server Appliance
- Configure Single Sign On (SSO) identity sources including Active Directory
- Configure vCenter's inventory views to organize inventory objects
- Install and configure the VMware Next Generation Web Client
- Work with Clones and Templates. Convert a VM into a template. Rapidly deploy new VMs from template. Copy VMs using cloning.
- Use guest OS customization to easily change the identity of a VM. Create, update and deploy VMs using Guest OS Customization Specifications
- Work with virtual disks. Hot add a secondary virtual disk. Grow a non-system volume. Grow a Windows system disk and increase it's partitions without the need for 3rd party tools
- Configure and test hotplug memory. Create multi-core vCPUs
- Work with vCenter permissions. Use and customize Roles
- iSCSI, Fibre Storage Area Networks. Connecting to shared storage
- Create VMFS file systems. Manage VMFS capacity with LUN Spans and LUN Expansion. Review and update Multipath policy
- vCenter alarms for monitoring key infrastructure objects. Send SNMP traps to a trap receiver on high VM resource consumption
- Create, manage and monitor Resource Pools. Work with resource tuning settings
- Migrate a source machine to a VMware virtual machine with VMware Converter
- VM migration including Cold Migration, Storage Migration and VMotion
- Automated VM resource load balancing with DRS clusters
- Use HA clusters to minimize VM down time due to server failures
- Establish and enforce ESXi host configuration rulesets with Host Profiles
- Hot replicate and restore VMs using VMware Replication
- Set up VMware Update Manager to patch/update ESXi hosts
- Performance analysis and benchmarking storage and networking
Boot Camp Supplement
Our Boot Camp Supplement Guide contains an additional 4 chapters and labs:
Chapter 3.1 - Advanced Networking. Hands on Lab tasks for this chapter including: Setting vSwitch Security, Enabling Jumbo Frames, Creating an Active / Standby pNIC team.
Chapter 9.1 - Raw Device Maps. Hands on Lab tasks for this chapter include: Adding a Raw Device Map to a VM, Partitioning, formatting and using the volume in Windows and Removing the volume from WIndows
Chapter 15.1 - Fault Tolerance. Hands on Lab tasks for this chapter include: Configuring a VM for Fault Tolerance, Verifying VM continuous availability during a server outage and Deleting a VM's Fault Tolerance configuration
Chapter 21 - Distributed Virtual Switches. Hands on Lab tasks for this chapter include: Creating a dvSwitch, defining VMkernel Ports and Port Groups for the dvSwitch, Adding ESXi hosts to the dvSwitch and testing the dvSwitch
All course materials are delivered as watermarked digital PDF downloads to the e-mail address you gave use when you signed up to our site.