ESXLab is pleased to offer our VMware vSphere 6 Part 3 - Storage, Resources and VM Migration course book specifically tailored for people who need practical, effective and low cost VMware training. This course teaches you the concepts, procedures and mechanics of connecting to Fibre or iSCSI shared storage, how to create and expand VMFS file systems, how to bulk delegate host or cluster pCPU and pRAM using Resource pools and finally, how to cold migrate, hot VMotion migrate the live vCPU and vMemory state of a VM and hot Storage VMotion migrate the hot disk state of a VM from one resource to another.
This course is ideal for people who have successfully installed ESXi 6 and vCenter and who wants to take advantage of shared storage, manage resources effectively, or migrate VMs to balance resource demands or facilitate server/storage maintenance.
Our vSphere 6 Study Guide includes the following 4 chapters:
- Connect ESXi hosts to Fibre or iSCSI shared storage (HoL1)
- Create, administer and expand VMware VMFS file systems (HoL)
- Resource Management and Resource Pools (HoL)
- VM Cold, Hot and Storage Migrations (HoL)
1 HoL – Detailed Hands on Labs instructions provided for this chapter in our Lab Guide.
Hands On Labs
Our Lab Guide contains detailed instructions that detail how to complete the following hands on lab tasks:
- Configure the ESXi host Software iSCSI Initiator. Connect to shared iSCSI storage
- Create a VMFS file system on a shared SAN volume. Expand the volume to consume added storage. Expand a VMFS onto additional SAN Volumes
- Resource tune VMs for vCPU and vRAM. Create Resource Pools and resource tune them. Create resource stress and verify that resources are delegated according to our settings
- Cold migrate a VM from local to shared storage. Hot VMotion migrate a running VM from one ESXi host to a second host. Hot Storage Migrate the live disk state of a running VM from one datastore to SAN storage
All course materials are delivered as watermarked digital PDF downloads to the e-mail address you provided when you signed up to our site.