ESXLab is pleased to offer our VMware vSphere 6.0 with ESXi and vCenter training specifically tailored for people who need practical, effective and low cost VMware training. Our goal is to make you the best VMware vSphere 6 administrator possible.
If you are looking for lots of detail about our course and what is included in our course books, please check out this link to the full *course outline*.
Enhance your learning experience with ready to use *vSphere 6.0 Remote Access Labs*. Click *here* for details.
Video on Demand
We also offer lifetime access to 36hrs of *vSphere 6.0 Video-on-Demand* training. Click *here* for details.
Our vSphere 6.0 Study Guide includes the following 20 chapters:
- Virtualization Infrastructure Overview
- How to Install, Configure ESXi 6.0 Installable(HoL1)
- Virtual and Physical Networking(HoL)
- Content Libraries and NAS Shared Storage(HoL)
- Virtual Hardware and Virtual Machines(HoL)
- Install and Deploy the vCenter Server Appliance(HoL)
- VM Rapid Deployment using Templates, Clones(HoL)
- ESXi and vCenter Permission Model(HoL)
- Using Fibre and iSCSI Shared Storage(HoL)
- VMFS – The VMware Cluster File System(HoL)
- ESX and vCenter Alarms(HoL)
- Resource Management and Resource Pools(HoL)
- Consolidation with vCenter Converter Standalone(HoL)
- VM Hot and Cold Migration, Storage VMotion(HoL)
- Load Balancing w. Distributed Resource Scheduler(HoL)
- Failure Recovery with High Availability Clusters(HoL)
- Hot VM Protection with vSphere Replication (HoL)
- Patch Management with VMware Update Manager(HoL)
- Managing Scalability and Performance(HoL)
- Final Thoughts
1 HoL – Detailed Hands on Labs instructions provided for this chapter in our Lab Guide.
Hands On Labs
Our Lab Guide contains detailed instructions that detail how to complete the following hands on lab tasks:
- Install of ESXi 6.0 Update 2 and perform post-install configurations
- Create and update network Standard Virtual Switches
- Define, connect to and browse NFS file shares. Create a Content Library and add ISO images
- Create a Virtual Machine and install a guest OS into the VM. Install VMware Tools into the VM. Add 3rd party tools and utilities to the VM
- Manually Clone a VM (without vCenter)
- Installing and Configuring the Platform Service Controller
- Install and configure the vCenter Server Appliance
- Configure Single Sign On (SSO) identity sources including Active Directory
- Configure vCenter's inventory views to organize inventory objects
- Install and configure the VMware Next Generation Web Client
- Work with Clones and Templates. Convert a VM into a template. Rapidly deploy new VMs from template. Copy VMs using cloning.
- Use guest OS customization to easily change the identity of a VM. Create, update and deploy VMs using Guest OS Customization Specifications
- Work with virtual disks. Hot add a secondary virtual disk. Grow a non-system volume. Grow a Windows system disk and increase it's partitions without the need for 3rd party tools
- Configure and test hotplug memory. Create multi-core vCPUs
- Work with vCenter permissions. Use and customize Roles
- Create, update Network Standard vSwitches. Use NIC Teams for performance and redundancy
- iSCSI, Fibre Storage Area Networks. Connecting to shared storage
- Create, manage and monitor Resource Pools. Work with resource tuning settings.
- VM migration including Cold Migration, Storage Migration and VMotion
- Automated VM resource load balancing with DRS clusters
- Use HA clusters to minimize VM down time due to server failures
- Hot replicate and restore VMs using VMware Replication
- Using Converter Enterprise 6.0 to migrate physical machines to VMs
- vCenter alarms for monitoring key infrastructure objects. Send SNMP traps to a trap receiver on high VM resource consumption
- Set up VMware Update Manager to patch/update ESXi hosts
- Performance analysis and benchmarking storage and networking
All course materials are delivered as watermarked digital PDF downloads to the e-mail address you gave use when you signed up to our site.